- Download Firefox 3.5 from http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html for Linux.
- Open your xo
- Put the extracted Firefox in /home/olpc/Activities
- Rename it to Firefox. activity
- Go inside /home/olpc/Activities/Firefox.activity
- Make a folder "activity"
- Go inside /home/olpc/Activities/Firefox.activity/activity
- Make a file activity.info with following content
name = Firefox
service_name = org.laptop.firefox35
icon = firefox
activity_version = 35
show_launcher = yes
exec = ./firefox
- Put one svg icon for Firefox in /home/olpc/Activities/Firefox.activity/activity with file name firefox.svg
- Change the permission of /home/olpc/Activities/Firefox.activity to 755 by running
chmod -R 755 /home/olpc/Activities/Firefox.activity
- Change the owner of the /home/olpc/Activities/Firefox.activity to olpc:olpc by running
chown -R olpc:olpc /home/olpc/Activities/Firefox.activity
- Restart the X server by pressing Alt+Ctrl+Erase
- Your Firefox 3.5 is ready though you won't find it in favorite view.
If the toolbars and page content appears too big then follow the steps below:
- Open about:config
- Edit layout.css.dpi to 96