Here are some mouse tricks if you want to be a power user of Ubuntu Unity in Natty Narwhal.
- Clicking and holding an icon and then dragging it around will allow you to reorder it on the launcher. You can also drag it off to the right of the launcher to move it around. Note that you need to make an explicit movement to the right to move the icon off the launcher before you can move it around.
- Dragging and Dropping an icon in to the trash-can will remove the entry from the Launcher.
- Scrolling the mouse wheel over the Launcher scrolls the icons if you have too many and need to move around quickly.
- Maximizing - Drag window to the top panel
- Double click on the top panel(but not in application's menu)
- Drag the top panel down
- Maximize Vertically - Middle click on maximize button
- Maximize Horizontally - Right click on maximize button
- Cycle between Maximized windows - Middle click on top panel(but not in application's menu)
- Tiling - Drag window to left/right
- Open application - Middle clicking on application's launcher icon will open new instance of application if its not running. If the application is running it will just open normally.
- Send current window behind all other windows - Middle click on top panel(but not in application menu)
Extracted from wallpaper.